Topics brought up were:
- What does it mean to be ethical?
- What are some do’s and don’ts?
- Can there be any standard expectations?
- Is unethical behavior caused in part by too many / not agreed on / unclear agreements?
- How to negotiate compromises.
- What if unethical behavior is an accident a few times / a lot of times?
- How can the relationship move past unethical behavior? Are there consequences?
- What are the motivations for an otherwise honest partner to be unethical?
- Is unethical behavior abuse? When does it become so?
See some of our answers in the transcript or in the video and give us some of yours.
We also touched briefly on consent, what if partners are not equal levels of “out”, and the intricacies of Don’t-Ask-Don’t-Tell non-monogamous relationships. Generally it was agreed few expectations can be made without discussion which needs to be ongoing. One should try to create a history and atmosphere of safety and trust for partners. One’s strength can be drawn from self awareness, positive intent, and healthy self preservation. Join us next week as we discuss Relationship Dynamics.
On abuse, here is the google search for Houston resources and some that are very specific:
Gender Neutral Family Violence Unit
National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-7233